He and the kids brought me strawberry crepes in bed,
but Kaleb insisted I come down and open all my cards before I ate. The kids were excited for me to open their present: a jumbo bag of whopper robin eggs - my fav this time of year. And Braydan got me a hands free thing for my phone since I guess I always talk with my neck kinked. They told me I had another present later, but had to wait.
Then I went to Zumba. I can't miss my favorite class on my birthday.

I took my sweet time getting showered and dressed when I got home, which happens . . . never. They picked up my favorite pizza for lunch and then I went shopping by myself. Braydan told me to be back by 5.
I got home and he whisked me to dinner at a fancy place in Bellevue. It was a little too fancy (sorry Braydan!). He ordered escargot for the appetizer and I almost puked watching him enjoy it.
I ordered salmon because it was the only food I recognized. And get this-- all my sides were pureed: my carrots, potatoes, asparagus, and cucumber thingy. What was even more disturbing than the escargot was that Braydan kept texting under the table during dinner. When I asked who the heck he was texting during my birthday dinner, he just smiled and told me not to worry about it.
After dinner, he asked if I was ready for the next surprise and asked if I would drive. I started to argue that I don't know where we're going when he handed me the keys. And they were not my keys. I froze. No way, I thought. No way, no way, no way. I looked around the parking lot and right in front of me is a brand new toyota sienna. I could not believe it!
I finally got in the car after getting over the shock and ooed and awed over all the cool gadgets. I think the car dealer guy was more excited than Braydan because he filled the van with balloons and flowers (he was the guy Braydan was texting). I don't know how Braydan kept it a secret! He bought it and kept it at the dealership for over a week. I never saw him looking online for cars. We never talked about it. Well, I guess we did talk about our trip to Montana this summer and how our buick is getting older, but that's it!

Anyway, my crazy day ended with some delicious pies with some friends.
What an awesome day! I get excited every time we have to go somewhere because we get to drive the new car. I love the new car smell! I've never had a new car smell. I love that I can open the doors with a remote when my arms are full of groceries and Eliza. I have a camera to watch so I don't run over any bikes or neighborhood kids. It tells me exactly how many miles I have left before I run out of gas--Braydan was quick to point out this feature to me for some reason. It has 12 cup holders! I don't know why I would need that many. I can talk on the phone with my steering wheel (haven't quite figured that one out, but still).
Sammy asked me, "so how is Braydan going to top this next year?"
I asked Braydan and he said, "this counts for the next 10 years."
I'm not worried though. He'll forget.
Goodbye trusty Buick! You've been so good to us! Thank you for never having a problem.
.
10 comments:
Wow! What a fun surprise! I had heard bits and pieces of the story from others, but it is good to get the real story. What a great birthday!
Oh I love it so much! Seriously such an awesome birthday! I am so anxious to one day get a new car! You guys definitely deserved it though. I can't believe how long you had that! Impressive....
I am like so freaking excited! That is such an awesome day! The car is unbelievable...and also all the thought and work behind it...WOW! I swear my last few Christmas presents to Paul have tanked, but he says getting him the boat like 5 years ago still lasts.
:)
So when are you going to fill up the van??? =)
Yes, that is what I want to know :)
It is so beautiful and I'm happy you get a remote key now:) Welcome to the 21st century!
Cute way of telling all about your day. You will write a bestseller someday!
AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Enjoy !! I hope it's a very long time before the kids spill something in it!!! it sounds like a fabulous birthday!!! I'm so grateful you are so loved!!!
Glad to see the pictures. I was waiting but some how missed it. You looks so cute in your van.
I missed it too your blog never says its new on my blog. Love the van it is very sleek. The first thing I thought was "well she can't take that present back!" ha ha ha good job braydan that was a great suprise! now you can drive down to logan to see us! :)
Kudos to Braydan!! Happy (late) birthday Jess!
What a fun birthday surpris and you didn't even have the stress of dealing with the dealership.
Post a Comment