28

Braydan's birthday was yesterday and it was so fun! I forced him to take the day off and I think it was a good break for all of us. So many Saturdays get devoted to chores.

I tried really hard to let him sleep in as long as he wanted, but Kaleb was so excited to show him presents and his card that he decorated. I threatened, bribed, punished, but he was determined to get to his Dad out of bed before 8. Poor Braydan.

We made him baked blueberry pecan french toast for breakfast, thanks to Mel.
Then Kaleb brought him present after present and "helped"unwrap them. Lest you think we spoiled him, we wrapped up lots of little stuff (lemon heads, socks, shirt). His only fun present was a baseball mitt. Sad. I really wanted to have the gun that he wanted, but I'm hopeless in that department. I left the shopping to Dad and well . . . he's a perfectionist. Maybe for Christmas. . .

Braydan took Kaleb to school, a fun treat for both of them since he never gets to do that. After preschool, we headed to the Museum of Flight in Seattle.
It wouldn't be my pick for birthday entertainment, but he was super excited. We spent most of the day there and didn't see all of it.
It's the world's largest air and space museum. It was huge! I could have been happy after an hour, but Braydan would've stopped to read everything if two kids weren't hanging on him.
Standing under the M-21 Blackbird( i think?)

Kaleb was so cute leading Eliza around by the hand.
Braydan designed this bridge (the foundation that is) and was excited to have us walk on it.
Braydan's favorite, the West Coast's only Concorde.
On board America's first Air Force One jet, touching the president's chair. Kennedy, Nixon, and Eisenhower sat in that chair!

Even though I wasn't that interested in the planes, I could appreciate the effort and money it must have taken to build the place.
The first 747 Boeing, serial #001
Braydan had another one of his wishes come true: Eat at Red Lobster. It's so pathetic because he's asked to go there every year, but for some reason we've never gone. Thanks to a gift card from Paul and Janae, we went! I caught Braydan watching the Red Lobster promotion video online at least 3 times when he found out he got to go. He was drooling :) Kaleb and Eliza had way more fun watching the lobsters than the whole day at the museum.
The hostess was so nice and took multiple lobsters out for Kaleb to touch. Ew. I thought he wouldn't want to eat lobster after that, but he stole many precious bites of Braydan's lobster dish. Eliza and I picked at our food, ate the rolls, salad, and french fries. We remembered why we never go out to eat with kids. It was kind of crazy!

We had pies for dessert and Wes came over and surprised Braydan with a homemade apple pie!
It was so beautiful, much prettier than mine. Braydan always teases Wes (when he home-teaches us) that he's waiting for pie. Well he delivered big time!


The pie was a perfect ending to our fun day. Happy Birthday Braydan!

10 comments:

Brittany Mangelson said...

Sounds like he had a good day... He looks 28. I haven't seen a good picture of him without all his hiking gear.. :-) The beard makes him look older too!! Handsome as always!! Fun stuff!!

Ashley said...

You guys need to go on a cruise, then you can have all the lobster/seafood you want. I laughed that he has been wanting to go there for so long, we'll have to try it. Glad he took the day off, that's fun. Happy birthday braydan!

RaeAnn said...

Yes, that made me laugh about drooling over red lobster. Sounds like you made every birthday wish come true!

Parker Family said...

Happy Birthday I am glad you posted what you did and took a fun day off.

Rebecca said...

Cool! What a fun day! I love the red lobster and long-awaited apple pie.

Amber said...

Fun!

shandikimille said...

What a busy day! happy birthday!

The Barrett's said...

Thanks for sharing. So happy to be Braydan's Mom. Love you.

mom smith said...

Glad Jessica finally let Braydan have the food he wants and go where he wants. Looks like it was a fun day for all!

Janae said...

So glad your day was good!!!!! Hope you have a year full of good days!!!! Janae and Paul