Deception Pass Camping Trip

This past weekend we camped at Deception Pass with the Dyers. She wrote a cute blog about it here.
I think I could live by the ocean. It's so peaceful and calming to watch the tide go in and out.



Despite our awesome campsite, it was at least a mile from the beach. It didn't deter the kids though. They ran most of the trail there--Kaleb always in the rear trying to keep up (and me in the furthest rear trying to catch my breath!)



Braydan eying a crab below. He finally couldn't resist and climbed down to grab it with his bare hands. Not surprisingly, he climbed back up empty handed.
We headed for the bridge, scaling rocks and wading through water. I really didn't like Braydan carrying my baby up and down the cliffs, but Kaleb was in heaven. He had no fear.

A perfect driftwood fort

It was a great trip . . . if I leave out the last couple hours of it. I was a complete grump when we left to go climbing at Mt. Erie. It was a combination of a bunch of things---tired, HOT, scared my kids were going to fall off the mountain, tired----I was not a happy camper, literally. So, Braydan --for good reason--has forbidden me from coming on the next camping trip unless I promise to be happy the whole time. Maybe I will stay home!

7 comments:

Janae said...

What an awesome trip to the beach!!!! The kids are growing so fast!!!! What an amazing family!!!!

KyleandAmanda said...

What a beautiful place. I bet the kids loved playing in the sand and water. I am glad that I am not the only one who gets grumpy :)

symony said...

That would be fun to camp by the ocean but the rest doesn't sound fun! ha ha ha

Ashley said...

Don't worry too bad, there are always a few hours each camping trip where I am completly grumpy. It can be stressful with kids. Looks like an awesome place though, and pretty secluded.

Amber said...

thanks for an awesome trip. You guys rock!

shandikimille said...

Those are exactly the reasons I am a grump when I go camping, and so it's best that I don't go! mostly the lack of sleep!

mom said...

What a beautiful area. I want to see the ocean and camp with my grumpy daughter.