Well, we survived our first Christmas in Washington!! I actually handled it pretty well and didn't even miss family (yeah right!!) Thank goodness for friends in the ward. I initially invited the missionaries for christmas eve dinner (cause I was thinking of my missionary brother josh), but then we both asked some friends so we had 10 people!! I had fun getting everything ready and bossing braydan around. He asked half way through christmas eve day when he could go back to work :) Ha, ha. After the dinner, we acted out the christmas story and played games. You can see that kaleb wasn't a very cooperative baby Jesus. He didn't like the idea of being swadled by mother Mary and lying in a manger.
Christmas day we relaxed and had fun surprising eachother. I thought braydan knew what I was getting him the whole time, but he was surprised. Yeah!! My present from him was a picture of Christ that I've wanted. It's so beautiful that I almost cried. It seemed very appropriate to open that on Christmas day. That night, our friends the Bettilyons invited us for dinner with some other friends. It was a good Christmas. We're so blessed and I know that Heavenly Father has had a hand in our lives! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!
P.S. None of our Christmas Day pictures turned out :( I was very sad, but you can just imagine a big mess of wrapping paper that Kaleb tore up. That's pretty much what it looked like.
6 comments:
cute sissy, you are very creative!
I am glad you guys have fun people to hang out with. Now you need to post pictures of the picture you got, and what did you get Brayden? I am proud of you for doing Christmas on your own. I think it's time we take that step, but I'm scared. Haha. We miss you guys!
Maybe baby Jesus wasn't any more cooperative than baby Kaleb. Just that all the pictures portraying baby Jesus have Him the perfect little Child lying in the manger. Come to think of it though, since Christ was perfect, maybe He was the perfect, quiet Baby. However, a fussy baby, doesn't mean a baby isn't perfect. I guess I could babble on and on - can't I? Sounds like you had a nice 1st Christmas with Kaleb. Thanks for keeping us posted on what is happening in your life. Hope the new year brings continued good health and happiness.
These are times you will always remember. Thanks for the updates. Love ya, Marla
I wanna see the pic of Christ he gave you! That is good you hada good Christmas. Ours was good too! I will be updating some posts soon!
This is REALLY late...
I love the pictures you took as you acted out the Christmas story. I too am really grateful to have been able to spend Christmas dinner with you guys, even if we are referred to as "some other friends" =).
Everyone is asking to see your picture of Christ. You need to post it. It is stunning!
I hope you and Braydan it better soon!
Post a Comment