With the lovely, warm weather and Kaleb anxious to try out his new pack, it was high time the DuRees did a hike.
We headed down the road to Swan Falls.
I loved the warm sunshine on my back, holding little hands, singing songs.
I loved Kaleb's discoveries: tiny shells, furry leaves, new rocks for his collection, a spider.
One part was steep and I asked Eliza if she would catch me if I fell. She thought about it for a minute and said, "No. But I would miss you!"
I don't think the landscape could be more different from Seattle.
| Braydan wouldn't let me carry the girls. He said, "I'm training!" I don't want to know what he's training for now . |
I had to keep reminding myself that it's winter and everything is dead. It has it's own kind of beauty though. I love the huge open blue skies, the meandering Snake river with the glorious sun reflecting off it.
Kaleb kept asking, "where's all the trees Mom?"
"They're in Washington."
7 comments:
There isn't many trees in those pictures. It looks cold. Kaleb is already a hiker!
Doesn't it feel awesome to get outside in the middle of winter?
Fun! You have to come back here for a hike in the trees with us ;). I have some ideas regarding his training. *wink*wink*
I love your kids' comments about the trees and Eliza catching you. At least she will miss you :) of course! I'm glad you've found the beauty in Boise :) I know what that's like.
My Poor tree hugging hippy sibling :) jk Boise has the Sun! it's better for you haha good stuff though. And hey we all need to meet in Rexburg! or Jackson
Ha ha Zack makes me laugh. It's true the sun is much better for you! Looks like a fun outing, and Eliza cracked me up.
The kids comments are so funny! glad you are finding some wilderness in Boise. We have some trees here if ya want:)
Post a Comment