I think the secret I discovered is using my blender to puree the bananas and other wet ingredients. It is nearly impossible to mash that many bananas with a fork into a creamy consistency like a blender can.
Banana Chip Muffins
*Makes about 2-3 dozen muffins (depending on how you fill the cups)
INGREDIENTS:
2 egg
2/3 cup canola oil
2/3 cup sugar
6 ripe bananas
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (miniature works best, but I usually don't have those)
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and make sure an oven rack is positioned in the middle of the oven. Line two muffin pans with paper liners or lightly grease with cooking spray. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, oats, salt, baking soda, and baking powder, and chocolate chips.
In a food processor or blender, process the bananas, oil, eggs, and sugar until creamy. Stir into the dry mix just until moistened. Fill greased muffin cups. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
2 comments:
Looks yummy!
Looks yummy!
Post a Comment