6 Years


What an fun weekend! Saturday we celebrated our 6 year anniversary.




The YW in our ward have been planning an "Evening in Italy: 2nd Chance Prom" fundraiser for months. At first I thought, "no way are we going to that on our anniversary!" . . . . but I'm so glad we bought tickets.

Friday I went dress shopping at goodwill and spent $120 on prom dresses to try out with friends (don't worry I took most of them back!). The check-out lady thought she added it up wrong, probably because nobody has ever spent that much there. We had fun playing dress up and deciding what to wear. Braydan and Wes stayed up past midnight Friday night setting up the lights. It looked amazing, if I don't say so myself.

Saturday morning I made him German pancakes and we headed to Molbaks. He and the kids wanted to pick out flowers for Mothers Day. They spent the afternoon planting them for me and having fun outside.


At 4, we met at Amber's to do our hair. Emily rescued me and did mine. We had a line going on: I flat ironed Rebecca's while Emily did mine. Belinda worked on Sara's while Sara curled Amber's. It was dangerous in that bathroom with cords going every where.


We raced home to get babysitters and get dressed. Braydan thought it would be hilarious if he wore a mustache (a two-day old one). I was not impressed, but couldn't persuade him out of it.



We went to dinner and got lots of stares from other guests. One couple finally asked us if we were really 17. They heard from the waitress that we were going to prom and they couldn't believe we were all that young.


The dance was so fun. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I saw moves from people that I never expected (including Braydan!). It took us a few songs to warm up, but then we were fine. In fact, by the end of the night Braydan had his tie wrapped around his head and his suit-coat thrown somewhere. He was the wildest dancer of all (if you don't count Matt and Sam).






I thought I would surprise Braydan and request our wedding song (The Luckiest), but he requested it too. It was fun to hear that song again and dance to it.I know this is cheesy, but I really am the luckiest girl to have him in my life. Mother's Day reminded me how wonderful he is. I'll have to write about that later . . . .


9 comments:

Amber said...

OH, so sweet! You two are AWESOME! Happy anniversary!

Ashley said...

That is really cute Jessica! I thought of you, and will always remember May 7th as your guys anniversary. one day before ours. I think it's such a fun idea to get really dressed up and dance. I WOULD LOVE to see Nolan get his groove on:-) Cute pictures. Congrats on 6 years!!!!!

Parker Family said...

You two are funny!

The Barrett's said...

Loved the pictures.I'm so glad so many were taken. What a great couple. We are lucky to have you in our family.

Matt Bettilyon said...

What a great pic at the top there! (How come I haven't seen my pictures yet?). Happy Anniversary and had fun with you guys at the dance.

mom smith said...

I want a full length, front picture of your dress. Your hair looks cute and Braydan handsome. Sounds like a fun anniversary! Congrats on 6 years. You both are the luckiest!

Anonymous said...

o I'm so glad you went to that and had so much FuN dancin and laughin!good to know theres a 2nd chance prom to come someday :)haha

alisha said...

woops im the anonymous one ;)

Elena said...

Sounds like a great time! I remember your wedding and hearing that song for the first time. It became one of my favorite love songs after that. Congrats on six years!