Eliza turned two on Sunday. My little baby is two (sigh). She awoke to a whole downstairs covered in balloons. Braydan almost passed-out Saturday night blowing up balloons for her,but she loved them. It was the first week church switched to 9am, so we didn't have time to do much in the morning. When I asked her earlier what she wanted to eat for her birthday, she said, "noodles and ice cream." When I asked her about breakfast, she said, "pancakes," but we ran out of time for the pancake part. I made it up to her on Monday though.
She did get to open some presents though before church.
She tossed aside the ponies, but loved her new baby. Yes, another baby.
But this one has lots of accessories, like bibs, bottles, a bed, and outfits. Girls can never have too many babies.
After church I made homemade mac and cheese, aka "noodles." Then she did her next favorite thing: took a nap (or maybe that's my favorite thing?)
After nap she got to have her cake and ice cream. Tina gave me a box of candles and other holiday stuff when she moved, so I had no idea that these were trick candles. She got lots of practice blowing out candles! She was kind of scared of them at first.
But then got the hang of it with some demonstrations from Kaleb and Kaitlyn. Amber took some cute pictures of her.
I love my sweet girl and can't remember my life before her. I'm sure we were happy, but I can't imagine Kaleb surviving without a sister to play with! It would be tragic. We love her so much. I love her crazy hair, her chubby belly, her little chatterbox voice, the way she runs, the way she pushes her hair out of her eyes. I just adore all the girly things about her. It cracks me up. I love how polite she is, always saying "thank you Mom" and "sorry Kayub" (even though it's usually him that needs to say it)
Here's a list Kaleb and Braydan helped me make about Eliza Susan:
"Loves dresses and skirts and tries to take off her jeans (she especially loves the panties that go with the dresses, which she's putting on in this picture)
Loves babies and is so sweet with taking care of them
Upgraded to 3 fingers instead of 2 (still loves her blankie too)
Likes to help me cook
loves shoes and purses. At the gym, the childcare lady says Eliza will spend most of the time trying on all the other kids shoes.
Loves to read books on Mom's lap
Loves to play with Kaleb
Likes to color
Sits on the potty forever and thinks it's fun, but never does anything
Funny things she says:
"Daddy can I hold you?"
"Do Zumba Mom?" She likes to dance with me. She can shake her hips like a pro
"Throw me to the sky Daddy"
"What the heck Mom"
"I don't want to go to bed"
"And it came to pass . . " When we say it's her turn for scriptures, she automatically says that. I think her reading scriptures is my favorite part of bedtime.
Her future career: harmonica playing
And performing twinkle twinkle. I think that's how she learned to sing her ABC's because it' the same tune.
Happy Birthday Sweetie Sue!
13 comments:
She is a sweat girl. I loved the post and favorite about her.
So sweet Jessica, she is such a cute girl, I love her hair too. She and Tanner sound really cute together too!
What a sweetheart! Happy Birthday to Eliza!
That picture of Liza scowling at the camera while eating is perfect. Seriously it could be on a card or calander. You are amazing!
Wonderful post. You will be so glad to look back and read these. Your kids will also. They grow up so fast. Keep up the great job!
She is so adorable! I need to be a better aunt and figure out something fun i can do for their birthdays, next year i will be better! We had that same poka dot dress and those pink monkey pj's and kalebs car pj's! We miss you guys and we are looking forward to disney land!
Trying to do research on the Duree Family.. could you contact me? I have 10 generations back so far.And I am a member of the church! cool.
roxynix1@yahoo.com
Ok, that is scary (last post)
Anyway, Happy Birthday Eliza and love all the pictures Jessica. She is a pure delight to be around and I miss her a lot!
Happy Birthday Eliza, what a cutie!
Happy birthday little Eliza!
I love this blog about Eliza!! great pictures too ;)
I love the determined look in her eye as she's getting dressed, "I WILL get this cute outfit on!" I can seem to hear her thinking.
Wow! Is she really that big? Hard to believe. She is adorable!
Post a Comment